Who May Log Requests?
Only members of HERUG can submit development requests. Membership of HERUG is open to all degree-granting Higher Education and Research Institutions who are SAP customers with signed contracts for the productive use of one or more R/2 or R/3 software modules. Please see, How to become a Member. When logging your request please be sure to enter the name of the official HERUG representative from your institution, who would have approved your request.
What Happens After Logging a Request?
As discussed at the HERUG Meeting in Toronto, we hope to use the following process to handle annual development requests from the HER user group to SAP.
- Your request will be added to the list of requests on this Web site. The annual deadline is 1 December. Any request received after that date will be added to the next year’s requests.
- By the 1st February, SAP Product Management from the Public Sector IBU, SAP AG will add input and feedback on the requests. This would include adding SAP comments; removing redundancy; establishing whether requests are feasible, not feasible or currently under development. For this to happen SAP will need to contact and get feedback from the people given as the contacts for the relevant requests from your institution. If the request is classified as feasible, an estimation of the delivery time if the item received the most votes will be given.
- By mid February, the HERUG executive and SAP representatives will create a votable list and decide on the requests that will be refined at workshops at the annual HERUG meeting. The following items will be removed from the votable list:
- Items for which no pilot site could be found
- Items which are seen by SAP as not feasible or currently under development
- Items that SAP and your institutional contacts were unable to clarify.
- Prior to the HERUG meeting, SAP representatives will send out questionnaires to HERUG participants, to guide the workshops.
- On the first day of the annual HERUG meeting, we hope to run workshops on the relevant development requests. The current suggestion is to run 3 parallel sessions for Finance, HR/Payroll and Student. SAP representatives will talk to the remaining items on the list on the final day of the HERUG meeting. This is to assist SAP and HER members clarify items that are on the votable list.
- The progress on the previous year’s development requests will also be reported on at each annual HERUG meeting.
- Voting will occur once a year at this Web site. This will normally be one month after the annual HERUG meeting. Each institution will receive votes which they can distribute amongst the votable requests as they see fit.
Suggestions or Help?
If you have any suggestions to improve this process or any questions or just some advice on development requests, please contact: Lisa Seymour, HERUG executive member: development.